Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Last Week of Summer Vacation

Do you feel the sense of grief or loss that comes with this post?  I've had a such a busy, but fun-filled summer. I am already mourning my time to accomplish my goals as I've had to go in to work five times in the past two weeks to get my room set up.  But, that isn't what this post is about.  This post is about informing you of my fun last week of freedom plans!  Chris is off this week.  We spent the first night off celebrating my birthday.  Let's go back to Friday.  Friday, Chris surprised me by making french toast and bacon for breakfast.  I told him the only thing that would make it better was if he didn't have to go to work.  He played along for a while and later surprised me that he in fact did have the day off!  Wow!  What a great birthday gift!  So, we celebrated my day with the family at Papa Dels.

This never happens folks!


At Papa Dels with my 3-week old nephew!

Saturday we celebrated with more family at LongHorn Restaurant!  I had a good time there and swimming at Urbana Crystal Lake pool.

Sunday we had a good time celebrating Chris for his birthday!  We went to his favorite lunch place- Meatheads.  And, I surprised him with his gift!  Fish food!  Ha, he figured out right away that I'd finally let him have his dream of being a fish owner!  We capped off a great day eating out at Destihl.  I just love their food especially their cheese curds, roast beef, and the AMAZING smores!


Monday, my hubby helped me set up a shelf in my classroom and brought in my fridge.  We went out to eat again with my brother at My Thai.  In my opinion, this is the best sushi in town.  I used my half-price coupons... thanks to www.cisaves.com so dinner was really cheap for sushi!  I plan to use my half-price coupons again later this week at Oishi too!

Today, we both went into to work for a couple of hours.  And, as happens every three months Chris rearranged our family room.  We enjoyed a long walk because it is just simply amazing 70 degree weather today!  I'm looking forward to finishing a few more house-hold projects this week as well as a few more dates!  I think it'll be a great way to wrap up this summer!

Notice how he has a split screen so he can watch his new favorite show and play "Planetary Annihilation"

No comments:

Post a Comment