Sunday, February 8, 2015

Freezer Meal Saturday (& Friday too)

Amy's freezer meals are really growing in popularity.  This time my prep list was fairly easy except dicing 21 red bell peppers.  Caleb and I shopped Friday night and he is really fun to take to the store now.  You just plop him in the front seat and he just watches people with fascination.

I was so tired Friday night by the time that Caleb went to bed I decided I would just wait until morning to do the dicing.  Then, common sense kicked in and I decided to start it at 9:15.  At 10:15pm,  I was thrilled to finally be done with dicing.  I'm so glad I didn't wait.  Of course, Caleb was up like three times in the night but the last one was 7 am so it worked out that I could nurse him instead of pumping before leaving.  It was also nice because daddy fed him at just the right time that even though he last nursing session was at 7 am he was still content at 11:30 when I got home.



We made 210 meals in under 3 hours and it only cost us just over $80. (Well $78 but I still need to go buy 6 chicken breasts.)  I couldn't be happier with the outcome and I made the breakfast casserole right away on the stove top!  Yummy!  We had a bunch of leftover cheese from the meatballs so Caleb got to try his first string cheese and he loved it!

A long line of full baskets of sets of 10 meals ready to go home!




No comments:

Post a Comment