Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

You know, I didn't pull the camera out at all for the weekend but it was a pretty busy weekend.

Fri- got home early enough for the hubby to help me unload lots of recycling from work. (Apparently, there was a rumor at work that I recycle and thus I should be dumped on with recycling.) Then, insert pizza in oven, proceed to eat pizza, THEN get the phone call to go out to eat at El Toro for dinner. I met up with M&S&O&G and Rose. Then, Stephanie had a softball game so I got to watch StoneCreek play with Vineyard Church. StoneCreek won but I didn't stay through the entire game.

Sat- sleep in!!!! YES!!! My body needed it... not only had I been fighting off pink eye this week, but I was exhausted. My immune system has been down because I may have tonsillitis or something going on in the throat region. It felt so amazing that for the first Sat in weeks, I didn't have to wake up early and hop in the car to go off to the next thing! We went to my cousins' birthday party for Michael and a combined graduation party for another cousin, Megan, that evening with my family. Since I waited to do my couponing- Chris and I started shopping at 10pm and finished just in time ending at County Market at 11:55pm. We made it! 3 stores across town from each other in 2 hours, phew and I did some major saving too!!!

Sunday- get up in time to be late for church then we ate at home. My family invited us to have dinner and meet my sister's new man- Chris. And, I found out, he is older than my Chris by like 2 months. He seemed nice! The family played games til 10pm and then made our way home.

Monday- get up and let the cooking begin! I spent two hours in the kitchen doing dishes, making potatoes, pasta salad, macaroni bake and more for the "holiday" dinner with the family! The Painters arrived in time for food and we attempted to go swimming at Sholem. We arrived just in time for everyone to be announcing that they were closing for some reason. So, we then drove across town to learn the Urbana indoor Aquatic Center doesn't open til June 4. (By then, I'll be leaving town.) Anyways, we ended up at M&S's house sitting in their new inflatable toddler pool. Then, went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, yummmmm.

Did I mention writing a resume or cover letter in there? Oh no, there wasn't much time with all this family time. But, I did make a rough draft last night then submit it today. I'm praying for a more permanent job in town. But, I am content to stay where I am at if it doesn't work out. We'll see what is in store down the road.

On another note, today I got to have my last day with the kids. That went really well, popsicles and games- they liked that!

No comments:

Post a Comment