Monday, April 6, 2015

10 Months...


I'm pretty disappointed with myself that I am just now writing this and Caleb is 11.5 months old.  I will do my best to make this post accurate though.

Eating:  Caleb is more interested than ever in table food. He watches mom and dad eat food and starts "chewing" like it is so cool that we do that.  I give him tiny bites of my hamburger, eggs, etc and he likes everything I give him.  He only has two teeth and gags pretty easily so I try to keep it to soft food that dissolve easily.  He isn't too picky about food.  He still nurses or gets a bottle every 3-5 hours and has only had breast milk in his life.  We are introducing the sippy cups and he doesn't fully get it just yet.  I still have to tip it back for him and he gags on the diluted juice.  He isn't used to how fast the liquids come out.

Sleep: This boy likes to get up 1-2 times a night again.  We were seeming to only get up once for a while but that didn't last. He has consistently taken two great naps each day.  Usually one hour in the morning and 1.5-3 hour naps in the afternoon.

New and interesting things: We are standing up all the time and love to grab on to pointer fingers and toddle around the house.  He is an active guy and I love just seeing his little mind think as he learns new things.  He still loves books but wants to turn the pages faster than I can read.  He likes wood puzzles.  He started really getting into balls and throwing them around.  He is pretty happy as long as momma is nearby.  Caleb learned to wave to people so now when he sees anybody he instantly waves- so cute!  I think he started signing for food at ten months but his daycare provider and I didn't realize what it was until he turned eleven months.  It is more like a sign for "a" waving in circles but it is clearly what he wants.




No comments:

Post a Comment