Saturday, April 18, 2015

12 months- one year!

I'm not sure how it happened but a year just whizzed on by!  Somehow my newborn is now a babbling pre-toddler.  He is trying so hard to walk and stand independently.  He is developing a super great personality.  He has his opinions and he lets them known.  He is beginning to challenge me as a "single mom" in the evenings but I love it all!  He is quite possibly the best thing to happen to me.  I really wish that I could have stayed home with him this past year and really gotten to savour all those baby moments.  But, I'm thankful he has been in good care during the days while I am away.

Food:  He eats about every soft food that I give him.  I'm too chicken to just hand him crunchy veggies so he drinks his veggies in pouches that I make.  He just started on cow's milk and he is doing great.  We mix it with breastmilk and warm it and he drinks it just fine!

Sleep:  Finally, we have a baby who sleeps through the night.  Once in a while he'll need to nurse in the night but overall I have been getting 7-8 consecutive hours of sleep when I go to bed at a decent time!  It feels amazing!

New things: Steps- he has been taking them a short distance. I extend my arms as far as I can and he walks to me.  He gets so proud of himself and has his own sound he makes when he gets to me.  It is similar to my high-pitched "Yay!" when he gets to my arms.  Then he hugs me tight.  Best feeling ever!

He continues to love dogs, balls and clanking items together.  He is my little engineer because he is always turning things over trying to figure out how everything works.  He loves trucks, my dad and his funny noises.  He loves to watch Paw Patrol snuggled on my chest with  a bottle.  He has a short attention span for books but the board books with puzzle keep his attention.  He just loves to hear mommy's voice.  He is still a morning person but generally is happy all day.  His best time is definitely morning though.  He is growing so much and generally just loves life.  I am so proud to call him my son!


No comments:

Post a Comment