Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 3 of Spring Break '11

Day to Give

Today was a busy day. I'm EXHAUSTED! We took Cooper to the vet this morning and he got an "okay" to be around other dogs. He has been fighting off a sinus and ear infection for 3.5 weeks. Wow, what a relief that he is better.

Chris, Cooper and I had a nice Jimmy Johns picnic lunch. Then the three of us played "keep-away" with a tennis ball.

Chris and I went shopping at Walmart. With price matching and coupons, we saved at least $25. In fact, the total with price matching was $75 and with coupons brought it down to $62!!

When we got back, Chris and I began making homemade lasagnas. Talk about mess-making and time commitment! While they baked, I got some much-needed down time and got to edit pictures of my cute nephew!

Chris and I helped my small group serve lasagna dinner for others at Restoration Urban Ministries! It was neat the conversations we had on the drive home thinking about how fortunate we are.

When we got home, we had a crock pot turkey breast waiting for us to figure out how to prepare. We decided to serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy. It was a good dinner but I'll be happy after today not to do dishes for a while. I think I spent over an hour today doing dishes between lasagna and turkey dinner.

Today was a day to give thanks! We are thankful for the countless blessings we have! A safe home, a healthy family, plenty of food on the table, and our health! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment