Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's been a while...

Chris left for a training in UPS Chicago last Sunday night... which left me home alone (with Cooper) until Friday night.  So, I'll try to catch you up with what I did while he was away. (Warning, long post with a lot of reading bc I haven't taken pictures all week)

Sunday-

Chris and I went to church and enjoyed service.  Afterward, we went to the library and were reminded that it doesn't open until 1.  Oops.  On the way home, we stopped at Prairie Gardens and "oohed" and "ahhed" over their beautiful tree displays.  I was feeling like our fake tree was pretty "charlie brown" after that.  We decided to then go back to the library.  I just need things to do since Chris was fasting for his Grandma and I wasn't going to eat in front of him.  (I fasted too but just not down to nothing).  

That evening, I tried to pull out Christmas decorations from the tubs but wasn't really in the decorating spirit.  (Little did I know that this meant I would have to see tubs in our living room for a week.)  Chris left for Chicago around 5:30 and it was just Cooper and I. 

Monday-
5:30 alarm; walk Cooper; work; then come home and try to decipher what decor we had at home that stays home and what to take to my classroom; pack my things; pack Cooper's things.

Tuesday
5:30 alarm; walk Cooper: work as usual; then I went to Jessi's in Paxton.  Her sister-in-law was at her place when I got there and they wanted to eat at a truck stop in Gilman.  I have to say it totally lived up to my low expectations despite their insistence that it was going to be amazing.  And, to top that off, I got to listen to Jessi fart the entire night afterward.  (This is not high up there in my idea of fun.)   When we got back home, Jeff was back from coaching basketball practice.  We hung out upstairs since he was watching basketball.  We sat on the same bed that the cat sleeps on all day.  That was a bad idea, I've had allergies ever since.  Cooper just absolutely loves getting to stay there though. He loves their dog, Dolly and he got so much more time to run and play than he ever would at home.  And J&J took such good care of him.  Cooper has so much fun with Dolly that he kept waking me up all night long bc he wanted to go play with her some more. 

Wed-

6:30 alarm- I'm totally exhausted.... get to go to work.  I had a okay morning, not so great afternoon.  I went to M&S's place where they fed me! ;-) I took a bunch of pictures of Gideon and got home around 9-9:30. Christmas cuteness here

Thursday-

5:30 alarm, slept til 6.  I had a meeting at 7:45 at school that I had a lot of anxiety about but seemingly everything went well.  After work, I met Megan at Rainbow Garden.  The food, atmosphere, and wait staff were all phenomenal!!!!  I would go back in a minute!! We also tried out Skinni Girl Frozen Yogurt next door and that was also amazing!  Get the peppermint yogurt with candy cane.  It was so nice that I could spend time with friends and family this week!!

Friday
5:30 alarm, get up get ready.... was ready to go early.  Got to work and a child was in my room, very early... having a total melt down.  Luckily, I was able to coax her to stay at school (she really wanted to go home) and, she even had a good day.  I got home in time to walk Cooper before Chris got home early (wasn't expecting him until 7:30).  He got home around 5:30 and Ben offered to take us out to eat at Minneci's.  I met my brother and parents there and it was a nice dinner.  Chris was even nice enough to take me back for more peppermint frozen yogurt and he watched P.S. I Love You with me.  I love sappy movies that make you cry throughout the entire movie.  I'm thrilled to have Chris home with me again!! 

I can't wait to see what is in store for today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment