Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cloth diapering...

So I posted about this on FB but I thought I'd take a second to blog about our cloth diapering adventure.

I started cloth diapers (CDs) on July 7th because I wanted to wait until we'd made a good dent in all the disposable diapers that we had, but still have plenty if we decided to give up on cloth.  Turns out, I was surprised to find that I like cloth more than I would've expected.  With the installation of a diaper sprayer, even cleaning dirty ones aren't bad.  After 2-3 weeks of use, we bought three more than what were given at our baby shower and I bought a drying rack so I guess I'm all in.  (I'll tell you a secret, the shelf life is much nicer because of air drying. The newer ones are staying like new.  The electric dryer was really taking a toll on the diapers in just a couple of weeks.)

I really like the Bum Genius brand and would be glad to answer any questions.  I also have one TotsBots Easy Fit and I like it too but I find the BumGenius easier to get more than one use.  The microfiber inserts in BumGenius absorb all the liquid and keeps his bottom dry- better than disposable!  And, since the diaper cover stays dry, I can just change the insert and reuse it which saves on laundry too!  The only thing I don't like is that I can't use my A&D ointment because of the oil and Caleb never had diaper rash until recently. I feel like A&D was doing a great job of preventing it.  We started using California Baby diaper rash ointment (cloth diaper friendly) and I think he is allergic to an ingredient because his rash got worse. We are back to regular disposable for a day or two to get the rash to go away.  We will just plan to use disposables at night to continue apply ointment once per day!

Look how cute these diapers can be!!




No comments:

Post a Comment