Friday, October 7, 2011

Professional Development & Others

Well, today our district dished out a ton of money for a motivational speaker. His name was Jim Garrett. I didn't find him too motivational, more like a walking advertisement for Apple products. But, I'm sure it was worth the extra drive to Gibson City then to Paxton to see that. (Wondering if they'd fork out mileage too? eh, well it's a thought)

In the afternoon, I was given the horrible task of staying awake as a presenter from Texas (can't remember her name) talked about our new "Common Core Standards" for 3 HOURS. Let me tell you that I failed at my job (staying awake) twice. It was terribly boring and those cafeteria seats weren't exactly easy on the bum.

On the drive home, I was asked to babysitting and I happily obliged. I attribute my eagerness to the fact that I have a 3 day weekend. (pics of the two cuties coming soon).

I'm looking forward to couponing tomorrow, grading and some fun time with my boy tomorrow. Sunday night we are having my family's annual October birthday party in Monticello. I really look forward to this each year! And Monday I get the day off so I'm going to Curtis Orchard for a photo shoot! Yay Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment