Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Operation 365

So, in the spirit of the new year, I've been trying to do things to improve myself, our budget, our house and our family.  Some of the changes I anticipate "sticking to" are smaller but meaningful.  For example, I swore that I wouldn't stay at work past 4:15.  We are two weeks in and I've had a few days where I've stayed til 5 but that is an improvement from EVERY DAY til 5.

Other smaller changes are the fact that I want to start budgeting-- I'm starting small.  Cash only for dining out, groceries and clothes.  So far I've learned that I didn't give enough money for dining out so I'm increasing that next month by $35.  But, I will stick to that amount.  This may mean saying "no" to friends or family.  I will probably add another category-- ie fun money but luckily I don't like to have fun so I didn't really have to worry about that this month.  I might also add gas just so I can track how much we really spend on that. However, that would only be half since Chris wouldn't be getting gas at the same time as me.

So, after that side note, you may be wondering, "What is Operation 365?"  I'm glad you asked.  I decided that my house is far too cluttered.  Don't get me wrong, I like to keep things clean but some days I'm tripping over numerous items.  So, my solution is to get rid of items.  I've already had great success this year getting rid of numerous items: pans, love seat, tv stand, excess baby items, baby clothes.  I hope to continue the trend of getting rid of one item per day so that in one year I can have 365 less items.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment