Thursday, January 8, 2015

Winter "Cold Days"

At 5:00 am on Wed January 7th, I had a startling awakening!  I heard a loud crack like glass being hit by a golf ball.  It was dark and I was deliriously tired as I'd already been up 3 times with Caleb through the night. Since the loud sound didn't set off the "Cooper alarm," I decided that I'd investigate when I got up.  Since I had no clue what caused the sound, I figured it had to be something on the roof.  

Fast forward to today when I was cleaning our bedroom.  I pulled back the curtains to let in more light and what did I see?  Our window shattered in the pieces.  It was why the room was dramatically colder and I had to turn the heat up a degree last night.  I just figured it was the negative temps outdoors.  

So, I'll be figuring out how to get this repaired.  This is the year of repairs already. We had someone come take a look at our refrigerator freezer; "repair" it, charge us, and it still is frosting.  

At the bottom was cold day 1 of Caleb playing with his toys.  Caleb started officially crawling on January 6th!!  Now with his mad crawling skills, he can go just about wherever he wants!  Also pictured is Caleb actually eating (sort of) pear slices.  This boy loves his purees and spits out all solids so far.  I keep offering them from time to time.  But, he does love him some good pear and oatmeal puree!  So pears weren't too hard to keep in his mouth today but he still only did like 2-3 small pieces.  This little man is growing so fast!






No comments:

Post a Comment