Saturday, January 10, 2015

Perfection

Saturdays are never days of rest for me.  Usually Friday nights I am stressed trying to straighten up or clean my house for my clients.  I make sure batteries are charged, memory cards are available and even occasionally look up ideas for new pictures.  Last night, I got a text from Ben asking if I wanted to play games.  Generally, I'd find a way out of it but this time he came to me.  He had made several freezer meals with me last month and didn't have room for them all so it was also a good excuse to pick them up.  He invited Teresa over too so we all ate together, played a board game and watched, "Now You See Me".  I had a lot of fun.  Caleb is at the best age because he can mostly entertain himself. He just got brave enough to start crawling on my tile floor so I got to see just how dirty that truly is.  But he was having fun too!

This morning I didn't have an alarm set and Caleb didn't get me up until 8:15. We played together for a couple of hours until we woke up daddy.  (He has been working long, late hours.)  We sold our red love seat (yay Craigslist) and then had the rest of the day to have lunch and just be together.  I kind of feel at a loss for what to do with all this time.  I did dishes, mopped our kitchen tiles, and have been generally cleaning.  I made a few purees for Caleb. He is finally becoming interested in eating solids.  I've offered them plenty but he always seem like he wasn't ready yet.



Chris and I took Caleb "sledding".  Oh my gosh, hysterical!  We were out about 5 minutes total because it was really cold!  It was 28 degrees and windy but at least there was glorious sunshine! The sun has really been warming our house and I'm loving it!! So we are only at 3:30 pm and I still have hours ahead of me.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the day brings!  I could get used to family time on Saturdays!!






No comments:

Post a Comment