Saturday, August 6, 2011

Adventures of a traveling dog...

Cooper and I set out to show Chris a good time in his last few moments of his 20's. So, on Saturday we began the trek to Michigan. On this trip, Cooper has discovered many firsts. Chris and I sure have been enjoying watching him discover new things.

Here is an excerpt of Cooper's diary below:

Saturday August 6-

Today Mommy and Daddy once again had a fairly boring day. They did their own thing and didn't acknowledge me enough to truly give me my attention I deserve. Anyways, late in the day, they started making me really nervous when they began to move things around the house. I got a bit less nervous when mommy started packing my travel bag and I was thrilled when they let me come outside. We all got in the car and I was as thrilled as could be! When we got to Michigan, I discovered this crazy little running chew toy, Mom and Dad call it a squirrel but I'd never seen such a strange thing before. I was feeling pretty good running after it until it went up this tree. I was really frustrated that it didn't come down when I barked at it. It kept taunting me from just out of reach in the tree. Then, mommy and daddy got back in the car and we were off. We stopped at a gas station/Quizznos and would you believe that they left me in the car?!*# I kept good watch of the car but, who do they think I am their guard dog? I'd much rather be begging them silently for food.

Well after that ordeal we sat in the parking lot for an hour... something about all the "pet-friendly" hotels were booked and we might end up in the car overnight if we can't find a place. Well, mom and dad took a slight detour and ended up in St. Joseph, MI at a nasty smelling place called St. Joseph Inn. Mom and dad kept saying that it was junky and my nose told me to approach everything in the room with caution. I barely slept in bed with mom and dad that night because I felt obligated to watch the door and guard our house for the night. I was happy when we got on the road the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment