Sunday, August 7, 2011

Adventures of a traveling dog...

Cooper's Diary Excerpt Sunday August 7-

Okay, mom was up really early due to the fact that she couldn't stand being in the room and wanted to get the heck out of there. So, we were back on the road, much to my relief! Mom and dad went down to this beach community where I got to walk around and explore. For the most part, this was a great time! Except when this one dog was a grump and tried to bite my head off AND when we were walking toward the beach and I kept stepping on these extremely painful burs that would cause me to limp. Luckily, mom was playing close attention and pulled em out of my feet pretty fast! I wanted to go to the beach but my parents said that no pets were allowed on the beach. Frankly, I'm not sure what this "pets" term is but it seems like I get affected by it alot. Well, mom and dad both took turns watching me while the other got to explore Lake Michigan on the beach.

Mom and dad started walking back to the car when they kept telling me things like "sit" which I didn't really want to do but I did because they made me. They kept putting this black thing in my face and calling my name. Then we walked a few feet and bumped into the Potenbergs, a family that mommy sometimes takes me to babysit.

Well, mom and dad got hungry and ONCE AGAIN left me behind in the car. I don't know why I'm not included on mealtime in this trip. I sat there nervously listening to the terrifying thunderbooms and then I saw daddy running at the car. I guess he didn't like the downpour that was coming in through the windows. Well, he left me in there and then the windows started fogging up; I think I breathe more when I'm scared.

Well, they came back and we drove for a while to this totally AWESOME place with tons of sand (no rain, and sunshine). I hadn't really experienced sand much before but turns out it is awesome to run in. However, I wasn't really sure how to get it off my face because normally I just rub my face on carpet when I want to clean it but rubbing it in sand seemed to make things worse. Oh, and sand seems to have little toys just underneath it that I dive my face in the sand to get and they disappear, leaving me with a mouthful of sand. Anyways, later mom was pretty insistent that I get in Silver Lake to get some sand off and she didn't know what she was asking of me. I mean, come on, water is a bit scary when it is at neck level. I did what she asked and then dad seemed concerned because now I was a wet dog in an area covered in sand. Mom thought walking would just dry me off but little did she know that I'd get covered in sand. So, she came up with the idea that I could clean my face in the beach towel. This worked well and I could see again.

Well, we walked around several parks until everyone was exhausted and then we got back in the car for a very long time. It seems though that this drive was less stress because my parents learned to book a "pet-friendly" place in advance to avoid scary places that I have to guard. We got to town and it seemed like mom was a bit disappointed because she wanted to go out and enjoy the town but dad wanted to stay in. But, I was content because I was playing with my toys with mom and dad. I slept beautifully this night and no one wanted to get up when the alarm went off.

No comments:

Post a Comment