Monday, August 8, 2011

Adventures of a traveling dog...

Cooper's Diary: Sunday August 8-

Well, mom's alarm started going off at 8 am and she kept hitting snooze. Normally, I would jump on her side of the bed and require that she pet me until I am satisfied and go lay at her feet. But, today, I decided to let her hit that snooze button. We could all use more sleep!! Well, mom and dad aren't allowed to leave me in a room by myself, so for breakfast they left me in the car. Well, I saw other people and of course had to start barking at them in case they wanted to talk. Mom could hear me when she came back to the room with the balcony and dad went down pretty fast to come quiet me.

Well, turns out we got to go to this other beach area and see these pretty bridges. We ended up getting in a really long line in which all these kids kept telling me I looked exactly like another dog named Oreo and a whole bunch of young kids kept petting me. Then, this other lady came up to me and started petting me. Turns out, this was only the beginning. I was approached ALL DAY! But, back to the morning. Dad joined us in line just in time to get aboard the ship that took us to Mackinac island. I was calm on the boat and when we got off, there were people, bikes and horses everywhere. I didn't mind, I just wanted to smell EVERYTHING! Mom and dad wandered around lost for a while and finally figured out where they wanted to go. We ended up getting on this horse-drawn carriage and going all around the island. Boy, my nose was on overload!!! We stopped frequently to take breaks to see sites and get water. By the end of the 1.5 hour long ride, I was so tired that I fell asleep in mom's arms.

After we got back from the ride, mom and dad did some exploring to find a place the three of us could eat since we didn't have our car. Turns out most places on this island with outdoor patios don't allow dogs to eat, even outside. They found a burger joint with one table outside and I got to sit there and silently beg once again... ah the good old times.

Next, we got out and walked around the boardwalk and got to see how the wealthy people live. Mom got me back in the lake but this time it was Lake Huron. The water felt nice but it was rocky on the bottom which dad thinks makes my paws tender. I indulged her a bit but ran back to shore after a few big waves splashed my face.

We walked around the boardwalk for a while then mom abandoned me with daddy. I was looking at everyone hoping it was her the whole time she was away. When she came back my whole body was excited, tail wagging and feet jumping. We laid around together for a while and enjoyed the lake view and breeze smells.

We decided to walk around to find something else that the 3 of us could do together and we found a black and white Bischon named Isabella. She was the coolest dog ever. We were so much alike: greeting each other the same way, and playing the same. Mom had to let go of my leash bc I was running around chasing Isabella so much. As an afterthought, I think she was worried I would knock Isabella's owner down with my leash.

Well, after that mom left me with dad so she could go get some ice cream which she wouldn't share with me but she did with dad. We got in line for the ferry back to Mackinaw City and the lady said that mom couldn't board with ice cream so daddy took me and I watched for mom to get aboard. I slept in mom's arms while we went across the water. We sat on the top deck and I kept getting splashed from the lake.

When we got back to Mackinac city, mom got cleaned up and dad rested a bit. Then they went out to eat and once again left me in the car. It is a bit disheartening that I'm not included on these times. Well, we all stayed together in the fun hotel again and we took off in the morning with our destination unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment