Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Adventures of a traveling dog...

Cooper's Diary Tuesday August 9th- (Mom's birthday)
We were on the road again and mom and dad had no clue where to go so we ended up at Mill Creek Discovery Park. There we were told that dogs are allowed and I walked around some trails with them for a while. Mom and dad sure did complain a lot about mosquitoes biting them. Mom was pretty upset since she even packed bug spray but just didn’t realize how much she would need it. The trip was pretty fun, I got to smell new things but I was left out in the car for a bit while my parents saw a pretty neat lumber jack presentation and naturist presentation. I guess they thought I’d be scared or couldn’t sit still long enough. They made it up to me when they came back out to the car and fed me part of their leftover dinner for lunch. It was really good- bread-sticks!!!
We took off again with no real destination in mind and this time we ended up in a small town called Petoskey. Mom loved the view and relaxation as we just sat on the hill. I did good for the first thirty minutes but after that I started initiating play with mom and she found me a fun stick to chase. We took off again, this time for a town called Traverse City which had plenty of things to smell. But alas, I was left again in the car. Mom and dad walked all over downtown looking for a Mexican restaurant that the Trip Advisor app recommended, turned out the place closed a while ago. So, they walked through shops and looked at doors of restaurants to decide if they want to go in. They found another Mexican restaurant which tasted amazing but service was slow compared to the fast service they are used to back at home.
Well, they came back out to the car to me and taunted me with the smells of yummy leftovers and we drove to a few places to find out about this “pet-friendly” business. They found one that turned out to be a large king suite room with a Jacuzzi. It was the largest hotel I’ve ever seen in my 2 years. It was a bit outdated, like it would’ve been amazing 30 years ago but I was still pleased with all the room to run around. Mom and dad got in the jacuzzi and I continuously barked at them so mom decided the worst thing ever- she put me in. Boy, I didn’t know what I was asking for. But, I came out clean and hyper and got to run around like crazy til I was basically dry. Mom was happy this happened because she said my eyes were really red when she gave me a bath and she hadn’t noticed it before and the bath actually cleared them up enough that in the morning they were clear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment