Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Three months (just a week late)

I'm delighted to say that I absolutely love this age!  My little man has developed quite the personality.  He is a talker and a giggler.  (Of course not often on camera bc he wants to just stare and focus on the phone)  I am so thrilled to be Caleb's mother.  The first two months were rough as we had to learn what worked for him.  Now, the little man and I have a great thing going and I just can't stand thinking of dropping him off at daycare soon.  But, at least the good news is that we hired someone last Friday whom I think will be great! Prayers accepted!

Okay so the latest about Caleb...

Caleb weighs 13 lbs, 3 oz is 22.5 inches tall.  He loves bath time, snuggles, looking out windows and at frames.  He enjoys talking and cooing!  (He sometimes lets me get in a word or two.)  He also loves listening to daddy's Salty music.  He likes tummy time but we wait until at least 30 minutes after he has eaten.  He has come a long way in nursing!  I gave up dairy entirely and I'm not going to bother trying it again until he is 4 months old.  He has gotten nursing down to a science. Every 2-3 hours on one side, ten minutes on the dot! Easy peasy!  Caleb sleeps well during the day and night too.  He goes down between 8:45-9:15 and gets up around midnight, 3 and 6.  He usually is pretty bright-eyed for about an hour and then takes another great morning nap for 2-3 hours (daddy is great at getting him to go back to sleep.)

On July 7, we started cloth diapering. I am pleasantly surprised that is is going just fine.  I already ordered 3 more and they are on the way.  (Turns out I am more and more hippie.)  Caleb has had a couple of blow-outs and that didn't happen in regular but I think we got the correct size now.  On that topic, Caleb only poops during the day so usually I can just stick a night time diaper on once and we are good til morning!

We have a bit of a routine, once daddy leaves we play a bit.  We usually go on late afternoon walks.  On days when the temperature is good, it is a pleasant stroll.  On days when the temperature is hot, that kid bakes in his car seat and gets mad about it.  I would too if I was sweating that profusely where my clothes are soaked.  Also we do better with the "visor" up because he gets very congested from the sun.  He sees the sun, sneezes and then he instantly gets a really runny nose.  We usually take a brief evening nap and want all of mommy's attention but settle for being near her in a bouncer or on her lap or on a floor mat.  He usually wants to nurse more at this time too but it is no problem for me as I just love it.

Caleb is really alert when he is awake, he has started reaching for items that I dangle for him. He seems to say words like "hi" and "ma".  "Hi" means I'm content and "Maaaa!!!" means I'm starving, how dare you make me wait so long to eat?!  Caleb thinks everything I do is hysterical and I LOVE his giggle!

I think that is him in a nutshell!











Sleepy eyes

He loves eating those hands.   Also this is what he does to get his paci back in his mouth!



No comments:

Post a Comment