Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pools, cards, birthdays, and more

So, let me get you up to speed since Friday. Friday, at some point, I strained a muscle in my back which led to me getting little sleep on Friday night. Sat, when my alarm went off after staying up late, it was really hard to get up. However, I made it on my way to my 3 hour trek to Lil's place. Lilian had Lisa, Heather and myself over for the day. We totally had a blast! We ate great food at a deli (http://www.jasonsdeli.com/) and then went swimming at her local pool. This pool wasn't like the one we have in Champaign though- it was much nicer! It has lap lanes, huge tube slides and water slides, it also had diving boards and a waterfall that you jump off. (Since no one had a camera- Google images below)


We had so much fun and the water made me temporarily forget how much pain my back was in. We had dinner at Fox and Hound which turned out to be great and we enjoyed playing cards (well maybe not Lil as much) . I had so much fun- the pace was totally my speed. To me there is nothing better than sitting around talking/ playing cards/ just being with friends. I also got to show Lilian the wedding budget tool that made my life so much simpler when planning our wedding. (http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-budget)

Sunday, we got a late start getting up because we stayed up til 3 talking. So, we arrived at the very busy restaurant a bit later than planned. But, breakfast was amazing. Lilian ordered this apple pancake which looked more like apple pie and tasted like cinnamon rolls with apple.
(The picture below was the closest resemblance I could find on google images)

I got this amazing Banana French Toast that was rolled in corn flakes and topped with bananas- delish! I truly enjoyed every moment spent with my girls! On the way back, I missed my road when it split and had to take an alternate route. I arrived at my niece Olivia's 2nd birthday party late but I did get to see her play with her new toys (wooden make-up kit, bubble blowers, wagon, "whooshing" and more)


and I got to watch her eat her chocolate cupcake with green icing!! We hung out all day and played some cards until nearly midnight.

Today, I woke up so exhausted that I hit "snooze" for an hour. I don't do that- EVER! I had a great "Back to School Breakfast with my old co-workers: Jackie Baxter, Jill Cappa, and Carah Ferrill. Afterward, I decided to "suck-it-up" and pick up a substitute application that turns out to be a book and a mile long list of things to do before getting hired. This evening, I volunteered at our church's "Back to School Blast" and I felt so overwhelmingly humbled and grateful for my church. They gave out so many freebies to the people in our community who just really could use a hand. Our church gave our backpacks and school supplies that our members donated. They gave free professional haircuts, family photographs, manicures, dinner, food from the food pantry to take home and they also had inflatables and games set up in the gymnasium. After I painted nails of some very familiar faces for 2 hours, I got my free dinner and I sat so awed at how wonderful our God is and how grateful I am to be a part of such a generous group of believers.

When I got home, Trisha came back and we walked Cooper and Deja together and watched the dogs play together. We did several rounds of card games that ended around 11:30. It has been so much fun lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment