Monday, June 9, 2014

Before and After

On Saturday, I put it out in FB land that I thought my rose bushes were dead. Sure enough, my "green-thumb" friends told me to cut it down to just the living/sprouting branches.  So, I asked my dad to borrow his truck on Sunday so Chris and I could cut it back.  Man, what a huge job!  But, my mom, dad, and sister all pitched in. In fact, we had a Painter family lunch planned and we ended up leaving to eat out while they kept working in the sun!  When we got home two hours later, they were still working away and we jumped right back in.  It looks so much better!!

Check out the difference!
Front yard "Knock Out" roses-- We lost one to our harsh winter weather!

Back yard- soooo much better!!

My cutie was a spectator for a while! :-p
Later, we talked about going out to an ice cream social at church but Chris passed out with Caleb so we had a peaceful evening in and even learned a new recipe.  Chris even let me take a much needed, relaxing bubble bath!  Awh, the good life!



No comments:

Post a Comment