Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last Day but First Impression!

On Monday June 2, I went back to work for the last day of school.  It was a half day so I felt good about leaving Caleb in good hands-- daddy's.

I got to my classroom and to my delighted surprise, my substitute teacher had really nicely packed away my room for summer.  So, all I had to do was make a couple of parent phone calls about schedule changes for next year and deliver some books to Kaylie so she could teach those classes next year.  I came home with a giant stack of English books for my new curriculum next year.  (I'm officially an English teacher folks- scary I know!) ;-)

Anywho, I had time to pump at work which was fantastic.  I caught Mrs. Desmond in the hallway and asked if I could use her room since she was taking her class outside and her room was air conditioned (unlike mine) and had NO windows.

I was pumping away and about five minutes in, I heard keys jingling. I thought to myself- no way are they coming in here.  But, ironically, he was.  He knocked on the door to which I replied, "occuppied" and he must not have heard or understood and continued coming in.  When he greeting me pleasantly I found myself thinking how do I politely say to GET OUT.  So, I told him he would need to leave for a while.  It was then that he realized the awkwardness of our situation and turned red and left.  LOL

I guess that our new custodian and I will forever have a story of how we first met! ;-)

All in all, the day went smoothly and I was able to get home to my little one by 12:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment